Sunday, May 5, 2013

7 Day Juice Cleanse

After purchasing a juicer and discovering that I loved all types of fresh juice I decided to do a 7 day cleanse.

Carrot/Apple/Ginger=Breakfast
My goals with the cleanse were to give my body a detox, end my terrible sugar cravings, and hopefully lose a few pounds.

I worked my way to the cleanse gradually by replacing one meal a week with juice until I was only consuming juice.

In addition to the juice I also had an 8 oz glass of nut milk mixed with a vegan protein powder.

I know some people would say that this addition takes away from the cleansing aspect I was after. However, this was my first juice cleanse and having the nut milk each day gave me something to look forward to-almost as a treat.

I also think the protein powder was necessary to make sure that I was getting enough protein and it also contained some fiber and other important nutrients.

Daily Juices
A Day of Juice

Breakfast: Carrot/Apple/Ginger or Orange/Pineapple/Carrot
Lunch: Green Juice
"Snack": Green Juice
Dinner: Green Juice
3 Hours Before Bed: Nut Milk with Protein Powder*
Plus a minimum of 80 ounces of lemon water



*On day 3 I moved the nut milk to the "Snack" slot and found I had more energy in the afternoon.

During the cleanse I had tons of energy and only felt hungry two or three times. I lost 4 pounds this week but I know a portion of that loss was due to not having any food in my system.

Green, Green, and More Green!
I did exercise two days during the cleanse. I had planned to walk more but we had a freak snowstorm here that ruined being outside for a few days.

After the cleanse I notice that I no longer crave sugar or carbs and I feel like I'm finally back in control of the food choices I make.

 I did start incorporating some raw veggies back in to my diet Saturday evening and during the day Sunday to help my body transition back to solid food.

I did this because I could start to feel my body really need more calories and nutrition.
My First Post Cleanse Meal-couldn't finish it

I think that I'll continue to juice for breakfast. Further, if I feel myself getting off track (which I'm working hard to prevent) I know that I can work in a shorter cleanse, maybe 3 days, to get back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment